10/3/09

“Modern Family” is a new show that I recommend


I can see why some of my friends are talking about this new TV family comedy, which features three inter-related, contemporary American families, including a gay couple with an adopted Vietnamese infant. After watching the first two episodes tonight (via the web), I believe ABC has a hit on its hands, by skillfully interweaving serious themes with lighter, funny moments. For example, in the second episode,"showing up is 90% of parenting" is the big parenting (and life) tip that comes tumbling out of the reluctant step-father. This show features good writing and skilled actors, and should keep getting better and better. And don’t fret if you missed the first two episodes: they are easy to catch on ABC’s website. I predict this show is going to be a hit and, at the same time, going to mainstream the image of two gay men as parents. Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment