10/26/09

Bragging for a minute...about my brother's husband (my brother-in-law), a fine artist, Patrick Lee


Many of you know that I have a gay brother, who is married (in the Republic of California, at least) to another man, Patrick Lee. Andrew Sullivan included a post about Patrick's work in his Daily Dish blog.

A very very long-time struggling artist, Patrick does large scale highly-detailed drawings in graphite. Each one takes 5-7 weeks to complete. And for the last few years, he has been drawing hyper-masculine images rendered in (and juxtaposed against) his beautiful, highly-realistic style. Several major museums are starting to collect his work, in addition to private collectors. I am so proud of the love, persistence and talent of my brother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment