10/23/09

My extended family

Another night out and another Thai dinner: tonight, I had dinner with Jason's mom, Den, and her partner, and what a relaxing, good time we had! Den and I have gone through so much together over the fourteen years since we first met and began this unusual family arrangement (with me playing a mentor to her son), including new partners and break-ups, problems at school, new jobs and ventures, health issues, big disappointments, triumphs of all sorts, and deaths of family and friends. This evening, we traded notes on Jason's progress at college and remarked on how well he is doing. And just to think, a year ago, how anxious we both were about Jason finding the right college and financing his education. That seems ages ago and I am so grateful to see Jason happy as well as have my personal life back, after spearheading his college application process for 11 months.

Since everything changes, we honored this moment in our lives, made a toast to Jason's success, and acknowledged our long-standing family ties...while eating generous helpings of thai chicken red curry.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment