8/21/09

The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart. --Buddha


I love this quote and both of the pictured individuals (my boyfriend and his awesome nephew). Love is not always convenient, pretty or easy to do, but it sure nourishes the heart more than any job, car or house can. I was reminded of this today when adding photos of the people that I love in the right hand column of this blog. So many heartfelt connections and memories.

Friday is gratitude day for me, and I am extremely grateful for all the love in my heart and life. A deep bow to those who love me.

This afternoon, I spoke to a well-informed staffer at Our Family Coalition who had a number of practical suggestions on how to meet lesbian moms who might be interested in a known donor, like myself. I had to laugh when he told I was "a rare breed" because most gay men he comes across want to hire a surrogate, adopt or be co-parent. He encouraged me though and I will follow up on his idea of putting a blog post on proudparenting.com...looks like a good organization for gay parents and prospective ones. Well, my magical mystery adventure continues, putting myself out there as a known sperm donor, to share my genes and my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment