8/30/09

My "little brother" settles into Washington, DC

Jase called me yesterday to tell me all about his college dorm unit and two roommates. He was happy to report that his roommate's mom, as he said "the prototypical wonderful Jewish mother", had bought every kitchen tool known to man, so Jase can now cook anything he wants to in his dorm apartment unit.

He also felt good about being settled in and starting the orientation process. The weather is hot and muggy which is good for a northern California boy to experience what summer is like in most of America. I am feeling better and more adjusted to him being away for good. Also, I went to college in DC, so it feels like life is coming full circle.

I have poured all of myself into this kid. He seems to be finding his own way, setting boundaries while leading with his heart. If I have taught him anything over these 14 years, it is that love is the answer whatever the question. Through my behavior in addition to my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment