8/25/09

Increasing awareness, with a good dose of love, is the answer


Last night, I had dinner with Phil, a good friend of mine, and we were laughing at the challenging situations in our life, especially those involving people at work. We both reflected on our own journeys in learning more about how our thoughts and feelings work and the ways our lives have improved as a result. Including letting go of chronic ego thoughts and behaviors that cause us to suffer and spread fear. It was a fun evening, with non-stop sharing and laughing.

I also told Phil that I had just discovered many sperm donor-related Yahoo groups including some specifically for gays and lesbians, which is encouraging to me. However, some of the postings on these sites had some weird sexual requests, like a donor saying that he would only provide sperm via "natural insemination." Meaning = he wants to get laid. Well, that's not my business and I will leave it that.

Overall, every day I am becoming more aware of the many reasons why I want to be a known donor (writing these blog entries helps ) and enjoying the process of discovering supportive organizations and resources. I am doing my best, bringing awareness to this journey and keeping my heart open as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment