8/26/09

Its a messy & wonderful world out there

I placed a number of blog posts on sperm donor-related Yahoo groups yesterday and got a taste of the craziness that is out there around fertility issues, moms and sperm donors. WOW! First, I got a unsolicited, hectoring email from a man who questioned my motives for wanting to be a known donor (insinuating -- to make children "gay"), had judgments about my sexual orientation, and asked inappropriate things about my little brother. Jarring. Later, I read several posts by man who railed against AI, claiming that this procedure was an attack on his reproductive rights as a man. Another deluded loon!

However, I did come across some good people. One is a known donor named Trent from Northern California, http://trentdonor.com. This seemingly wholesome, religious, 20-something guy is providing free sperm via AI to several women at once and has been involved in many pregnancies. Moreover, he has highly structured his life to be a regular font of sperm donations:). I find it a bit odd that a young male would devote so much of his time to being a sperm donor, versus partying and dating. But then again, I am sure some people will find it odd that a 40-something gay man would like to be a known donor for a lesbian mom. So I am not judging him or his motives. I have more modest goals, to be a known donor to a child or two and act a steady and loving male presence in the life of child. Yes, it is a big messy world out there with some very good, big-hearted people.

No comments:

Post a Comment