12/16/09

Sadly, the greed of the insurance companies & GOP is triumphing over the public good & common sense


Tonight, I am disheartened. Sometimes I wonder how some people can look in the mirror and respect themselves. After watching the shameless shenanigans of the insurance companies and GOP in gutting real health care reform, I ask how these leaders can call themselves Christians, in the highest sense of the word. I don't respect anyone who doesn't care about the well-being of all his or her fellow citizens, especially "the least among us." It is hard to watch fear and greed triumph over love, at least in the short-term. It almost makes me want to harden my heart these people, but then I would be just like the people I rail against. Yes, I do know that "love is the answer whatever the question" and I can still be pissed off as hell. And I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment