12/12/09

Obama's Nobel acceptance speech receives near universal praise by both the Left & Right. It is idealist, realistic, and quintessentially American.

I am so proud of our president. Barack Obama, the man that the GOP compared unfavorably to Sarah Palin in last year's election campaign, has given what many have called one of the best speeches on U.S. foreign policy in several decades. Idealistic and realistic, Obama defines and updates the idea of American exceptionalism to fit a multilateral, post-Cold War world. The intelligence, depth and priescence of this man are breathtaking. America is again taking its place as the moral, not just the military and economic leader of the developed world.

Listen to Obama's acceptance speech or the read the full text.

(A note to my conservative friends, not that I have many: I know how hard it is acknowledge the skills and gifts of a president who I do not agree with his policies. I felt the same about Reagan in the past that you might feel about Obama today. However, with hindsight of 20 years, I now can see the great communication and leadership skills of Reagan. Similarly, I hope your disagreement with Obama policies don't blind you to the great genius and Lincoln-like nature of this man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment