5/30/11

Having just spent 4 days in a hot springs in the Cascades, I am grateful to be alive & to the LGBT Americans who have died fighting for our freedom


This Memorial Day weekend, I finished reading this new book below on the Berlin crisis of 1961. Fascinating. Well-worth reading, and a good reminder that the forces for good have be strong and savvy in the beautiful and fearful world. Today I especially bow my head to LGBT Americans who gave their lives fighting for the ideals that are embodied in our Constitution. I am committed to realizing those ideals, especially equality for LGBT people, thus helping to create, what the President calls, "a more perfect Union."


I just completed a seven-mile hike, with 2200 foot elevation gain, this morning through the most enchanted land full of gushing streams, lush ferns and trees, wild flowers, and spectacular vistas. I am grateful to be in this body and enjoying such a beautiful country. Despite all our challenges, I really mean this when I say "God bless America".

No comments:

Post a Comment