7/12/10

I am back, after 10 days of vacation that included the beach, friends, touring Manhattan & Brooklyn, and lots of watching the World Cup

I really needed that: 10 days of bliss, including the finale yesterday, with Spain winning its first World Cup. Jeff and I got along great. Hanging out at the beach with close friends was just what I needed. I savored Jonathan Alter's fine nonfiction book about Obama's first year in office. We stayed at a friend's apartment near the Highline in Chelsea. Had my last meal in NYC at the famous Grimaldi's pizzeria, at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn. Then yesterday evening, after a long and hot day on foot, we boarded a Virgin America flight home that welcomed us with interior misters and played cool ambient music. I couldn't have been happier, and am grateful to everyone I met and interacted with along the way. Thank you, Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment