7/27/10

Forgiving, but not forgetting about, the actions of those who divide America: Karl Rove, Matt Drudge, Andy Breitbart, Pat Buchanan, Rush and others

As a progressive political activist who values his spiritual practice, I sometimes find myself responding to the divisive, hateful actions of conservatives with my own hatred. When this happens, I try to pause, choose again, and re-open my heart. While it is important to counter their messages of fear and often blatant disinformation, I want to do so without malice or hatred in my heart. I wish for them, as for all people, the allievaton of their suffering and the experience of enlightenment.

(PS I also have problems with the activists and their tactics on the extreme left: Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, and the Mother Jones crowds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment