4/22/13

This past weekend, was the start of my technology sabbath, from Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset...


After a recent spiritual retreat, I decided to take one day off a week from technology and started this new practice on Saturday evening, for 24 hours.  Given that I write a daily blog and have four twitter accounts and all the usual social media apps, I thought this might be difficult to do. But, if yesterday was any indication, I found that this sabbath freed my mine from the small details of the daily news cycle and allowed it to rest.  Mentally, I felt clearer and brighter than normal.

I am going to keep practicing this for the next few months and see what I observe and learn about myself.  (BTW, I was at San Gregario State Beach, yesterday, where the north section is mostly gay.  It has to be one of the most beautiful gay beaches in the world.  60 minutes south of San Francisco.)

No comments:

Post a Comment