9/5/10

Hateful speech is ugly, no matter who says it

I am one of Rachel Maddow's biggest admirers. But she has nothing nice to say about the Curbed blog, which last month published the address and floor plan of the West Village apartment where she and her girlfriend are moving.

No matter who says it, hateful speech is, well, ugly. I have said plenty of stupid things in my life, too, in moments of rage. Her comments remind of me of my own self-righteousness when I am angry./Joe


They may get a lot of page views for that, but I think they would have gotten just as many page views if they had redacted my address and considered my safety and privacy. Whoever at Curbed decided the actual address and floor plan was necessary to get those page views, I hope they die in a fire.

--Rachel Maddow

No comments:

Post a Comment