9/21/10

After today's vote on DADT, I am mad but never been so determined to win full equality

I am mad at the Democrats for miscalculating, and planning this vote before the Defense Department's report in December on how to integrate gays in the military.

I am mad at the GOP for throwing the gays under the bus, for the umpteenth time, with John McCain leading the charge, after promising to repeal DADT in the past.

I am mad at HRC and other gay organizations for not coordinating their efforts and rallying their members for this vote. There is very little leadership from our gay political organizations on this issue.

I am mad, which is not a bad thing. And I will keep fighting this and other forms of un-Constitutional discrimination against LGBT people until we are treated fairly and equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment