12/27/11

Kindness and consideration, the basis for a life full of love


I have learned so much about kindness and consideration from my family, lovers, and friends, including this couple above.

What do I mean by kindness and consideration?

Kindness: treating myself and others with an open, loving heart as well as having clear and good boundaries, again, with oneself and others. Giving people the benefit of the doubt, not making assumptions, and not dwelling on their shadow characteristics.

Consideration: taking good care of myself and then extending that self-love to others, creating more joy for everyone. Listening and showing concern for another when the subject might not interest you initially or even scare you. Showing up for your own feelings and those of loved ones.

I welcome more kindness and consideration into my life. And like anything, this is a daily practice that requires openness and diligence -- in the giving and receiving of these qualities. Yet, it is worth the effort. Just look at these guys above!

No comments:

Post a Comment