8/15/13

More evidence that love is winning: Out gay boxer, Orlando Cruz, proposes to his partner


From GayStarNews:

Orlando Cruz, the first openly gay professional boxer, is engaged.
Cruz chose to propose to boyfriend Jose Manuel by posting a video on Facebook Wednesday (14 August) morning.
In it he says in part: 'I know you are a person that means a lot to me and that supports my career and respects it which is very important, but above all is always there giving me that push that I need.'
'I want to tell you that you are a very special person in my life. I am a little nervous, but I want to tell you and share with your friends and my friends, if you want to marry me. I want you to be part of my life and me be part of yours.'
Manuel gave Cruz the answer he was looking for in a video of his own: 'I accept marrying you because I love and adore you. You are very special in my life. You have made me really happy.'
Manuel said he was not expecting this proposal - especially on Facebook.
'I am very excited, all the world knows it and all the world will know it,' he said. 'Yes, I do want to marry you because I love you, I love you, I love you very much. We will keep going forward and you will see we will be very happy. I love you, ‘papi’, from my heart. Bye.'

No comments:

Post a Comment