7/6/12

Fred Karger, the first ever openly gay presidential candidate, suspended his campaign for the GOP nomination. What a good man!

This moderate Republican fought like hell against Prop. 8, NOM, and the LDS. He's a fierce LGBT advocate, with friends like Cleve Jones.

I met Fred several times in the last year and gave money to his campaign.  While I am not a Republican, I was impressed by Fred's courage in standing up and trying to change the homophobic GOP...an organization that once was the party of Lincoln and fought against slavery.

Fred is a genuine American hero and great LGBT activist. I once said I could never date a Republican...well, men like Fred would be exception to that.  Thank you, Fred, for your historic candidacy!

To get a sense of Fred's ability to change conservative minds, listen below to Fred deftly handle the fear-mongering, anti-gay Bryan Fischer.  Grace in action.





No comments:

Post a Comment