7/15/12

As part of the LA gay film festival, the creators and many of the cast of "Making Love" came together to talk about this pioneering movie 30 years after its debut

My brother called me last night and we talked for 40 minutes about the re-screening of this landmark gay film that was released in 1982.  Fascinating to hear the back story on the making of this film. This movie pried me right out of the closet, like it did for many of my generation.  After the first time I saw the movie, I made an appointment to talk with a counselor at my college about my homosexual desires.  The next time I saw it, I took my girlfriend with me, discussed the movie afterwards, and then we broke up. Bittersweet memories, for sure.

A blogger at last night's event captures nearly everything that my brother told me. Check out his post here.


No comments:

Post a Comment