4/19/12

Back on Sunday. I am not blogging for the next few days due to a bad asthma attack and a severe cold

Last weekend, I spent several hours in a house with a cat that I am wildly allergic to. This exposure, combined with a cold, almost landed me in the hospital. Things got ugly on Tuesday night...as my lungs started shutting down.

The good news is that I have a great doctor, who scolded me good about stepping foot in cat-occupied dwelling, and a sweet ex, who is an acupuncturist and spent 90 minutes getting my clinched lungs to open a bit so I can inhale the medication into them.

I slept well for the first time in days, but my mind is slow and cloudy as the body uses all its energy to heal. I am easily winded and walking very slowly and deliberately. With these limitations, I am noticing more of the small details of life...and I am grateful for breath, life, and you!

Watch this video on this theme.


I will be back in a few days. All my best...Joe


P.S. Despite my poor health, I came across this photo on Tumblr that made me smile...life is about the small moments and gestures of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment