8/11/11

Ted Olson states the conservative case for marriage equality


The first thing I did when I was asked to handle this case is I invited David Boies to join me in this case because we wanted to send this message; it is not a conservative issue or a liberal issue. It doesn't involve Republicans or Democrats. It involves equality and justice. And what could be, at the end of the day, more conservative than two loving people that want to get married, that want to build a family, that want to be part of our neighborhoods and our community, that is a conservative value.

I don't think that the American people should think of this as conservative or liberal. The American people should think -- and I think in a growing number are thinking of this -- as our friends and our neighbors and equality and justice and treating people with equality and respect and decency.


--Ted Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment