4/3/11

A portrait of a young man as an artist...

I am so bloody lucky...I have the absolute pleasure of watching a young man express himself through his artwork and life, at the tender of 20. Jason (in the second photo below) has really come into his own: winning a scholarship to attend college, working as a gallery assistant to help support himself, setting healthy boundaries with the sometimes encroaching adults in his life, and enjoying the complexity and beauty of being 20 years old.

I can't take credit for much of his motivation and success, for that is something he found inside. But all these years of hanging out together, I did model for him a few things: curiosity about world, kindness and honesty, and showing up with all of life including the good, the bad and the ugly.

I cherish him and this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment