3/2/10

What is success?

In my mens' group last night, we briefly touched on what it means to be successful. One idea discussed was that it is one's body of work over a lifetime. This got me thinking about success.

When I think of the most successful persons in my life, they are very present and kind. These folks have the ability to show up in the moment, no matter how difficult the circumstances, feel their and other beings' pain, and keep their hearts open. They are accepting of people, have genuine compassion for others' suffering, and set clear and respectful boundaries. They tend not to gossip or focus on others' faults, even though they are aware of these failings and say "no" as needed.

As I begin this day, I am inspired by last night's discussion and the examples of friends. To be present and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment