2/5/10

Rent and watch this video: "Food Inc."

Last night, I watched another movie that made me mad about what has happened to my country. "Food, Inc" talks about how we have lost our way as people, becoming estranged from our food and farms, eating unhealthy processed products, and becoming sicker in the process.

One of the things that Buddhist practice has taught me is that I do all sorts of crazy and unskillful things when I am not present with my feelings and the world around me. I can overeat, gossip about others, spend hours on the internet, and continue to look for happiness outside of myself.

Going forward, having watched this movie, I am committed to being even more discerning about the meat I take into my body and to living with more present moment awareness. I am not about to become a radical raw food vegetarian, but I will continue to choose my foods with care and curiosity. Moreover, I see that life is a process of continuous process of waking up. Again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment