2/7/10

I have a cold and feel uncomfortable tonight...but also have an immense sense of gratitude

\One of the greatest lessons I have learned in my life is to not compare myself to others, especially my choices with those of others. Sometimes, I do get envious of other people's things and stacks of money, but, in my quieter mental moments, I feel very fortunate for my family, friends, health, interesting work, curiosity, and all the love in my life. Sure, my inner critic gleefully points out my failings and areas of lack. Yet that's its job and I take it less seriously than I have in the past.

As I approach 50 in four months, I have the wisdom to know that I don't have all the answers nor the power to control everything. However, I am willing to show up, keep my heart open, do my best, and keep re-choosing my life direction. That's all I can ask of myself.

I am off to bed with a stuffy nose and nasal congestion. But poor me, nothing. Now, those people in Haiti really inspire me by not giving up. They are my teachers. With a deep bow to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment