8/19/09

A little encouragement from the Universe

Recently, a twice-ex of mine (a l-o-n-g story) who is a very close friend, took me with him to summer afternoon party full of gay known donors, lesbian moms, about 30 of their kids and a clown :), at the Rainbow Health Service clinic in Alameda, CA, to celebrate all the wonderful children created by the world's first and only sperm bank catering to gays and lesbians. Unfortunately for me, I found out about this service about one year too late, because of the charismatic owner of this service, Leland, is shutting down the sperm bank part of the clinic and will be focusing solely on artificial insemination services going forward.

However, my ex, who had four children through this service, was introducing me around to the moms, hoping that one of them wanted another child and I might become their know donor. I laughed and teased him that he is my donor pimp. While no one was trying to conceive then, so many of these women encouraged me to do this, telling me that they would have loved to have met someone like myself when they were trying to get pregnant. So I gave out my card to several women who thought they might know someone was trying to conceive. No replies yet...but it's all good.

For whatever reason, I tend to be a magnet with kids and at this party I was swarmed as usual. I just had a ball pushing many of the little guys and gals on the swing, playing tag with them, and generally goofing around. My ex had two of his four kids there. (See two of his darling girls above, who are 1/2 sisters, coming from different moms and families.) At the end of the day, I was tuckered out by the young ones but felt so alive, contented, and so encouraged to become a known donor for a lesbian family.

Most of all, I feel like I was given a lot of love as kid, from my parents, grandparents, and other relatives including my swarthy and sometimes rough, Spanish-American uncles who used to squeeze and toss me in the air. I am the heir to all this love and attention, and just want to pass it onto kids and encourage them as they grow up. As I have done with Jason for all these years and as I will continue to do as he grows older.

No comments:

Post a Comment