9/27/13

Dear Barilla CEO: An apology is no apology if it starts "I apologize if I offended...". You are not showing remorse for your words, just protecting your business


Guido Barilla told us how he really feels about gays and our human rights in the radio interview.

What follows is a lesson in how not to apologize to the LGBT community:

In reference to my statements yesterday to the press, I apologize if my words have offended some people.
For clarity I would like to point out that I have the deepest respect for all people, without distinction of any kind.

I have the utmost respect for homosexuals and freedom of expression. I also said, and repeat, that I have respect for marriages between people of the same sex.

Barilla in its advertising has always chosen to represent the family because this is the symbol of hospitality and love for everyone.

-- Guido Barilla

No comments:

Post a Comment