9/26/11

Last night, I met & talked to Jane Lynch...again


About 5 years ago at LA dinner party (pre-Glee) hosted by a costume designer friend, Jane Lynch sat with my mom, dad and brother, eating Chesapeake Bay crabs and comparing notes about our Midwest backgrounds. We left that party thinking what a nice person that character actress was.

Fast forward to last night: I attended a reception and event for Jane Lynch, as she goes around the country and promotes her new book. I am reminded her about the party and she remembered the crab party. It was fun reconnecting with her.

She also shared her wisdom with the crowd, including:

* Her practice of saying "Yes" to whatever opportunities present themselves, even if they are scary new experiences, like hosting the Emmys.
* Her advice that the most important things are taking place right in front of us and that's where we need to focus our attention...not wishing to be at another party or facing another set of circumstance. Being right here now.
* Her encouragement for us to face and honor our shadow aspects, not running away or distracting ourselves from the challenging parts of our personalities.

I really appreciated her insights and good cheer. She's a fine a person, and I came away with an autographed book for my mom and some pleasant memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment