9/7/09

My aching head




These gallegos know how to party. Last night, we went to some community festival called "Romeria de Dardo," which supposedly has some religious connotations to it which I did not see. More like a bacchanalia. We started the evening off at 11:30PM with empanadas, chorizo, tortillas (egg and potato) and bread. Then we started drinking a flaming punch out of ceramic cups, blowing out the fire when the level of alcohol was burned off to one's preferred level. And then Fonso's former colleagues from the Celtic dance troupe found us, and we started drinking sweet but powerful mojitios until the wee hours. That's when things got funny and a bit blurry. I don't drink much so I was "three sheets to the wind." I loved being silly with these gallegos, laughing with them and life. Even with my aching head this morning, it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment